Friday, July 25, 2008

Internet












Website: Story Arts Online
Link: http://www.storyarts.org/
Search Engine: Yahoo!
Keyword: Storytelling in the Classroom

Description and Rationale: This website offers information about using storytelling in the classroom or library. It also provides lesson plans and activities for classroom teachers and librarians as well as a a story library where website visitors can find links to great stories. I chose this website because it will be a wonderful tool for me so that I can start using storytelling in my classroom and prepare to start a storytelling club when I become a librarian. Storytelling brings the arts into the classroom and is a great way for librarians to teach across the curriculum. Storytelling can be used to help with reading comprehension and can be used to teach important social studies concepts such as culture, communities, and geography.

No comments: