Sunday, July 6, 2008

Databases: Part 1

Search Strategy: building block search
Search Engine: DIALOG
Database: ERIC

Search Topic: How can storytelling motivate young readers?

Building Block Search Strategy:

1. storytelling

2. school (elementary or primary)

3. motivate or inspire


4. s1 and s2 and s3 = results












My building block search returne
d the following results:







Reflection: I found it hard to search through this database, most likely because of the pressure due to the cost. Though it cost about $3.00 to do this search, I felt like I rushed through it and did not get as good of results as I could have gotten had I really taken the time. If I could use this database several times and really get use to it then my searched would probably return better results. My results in this case did not exactly answer my question but they still offered great suggestions for use of storytelling as an alternative reading in the classroom.




No comments: